The Emergence of Aadhaar-based eSignature
The rise in the use of Aadhaar-based services is particularly emphatic after the demonetization in November 2016, becoming the world’s most extensive biometric identification system. According to UIDAI, 1.3 billion Aadhaar cards have been generated till date.
Conventionally, signing a document is a lengthy process that involves multi-layered KYC verification and security & data risks with massive inventory & logistical challenges. The signer must also be physically present, submit the required paperwork, and wait for approval to sign any document.
The Aadhaar-based eSignature has proven to reduce carbon imprint by substantial margins while providing the convenience of remote access in a fast and secure manner without any paperwork or long queues.
Aadhaar eSign can help businesses save on multiple resources like time, capital, and workforce management in an eco-friendly digital environment with high process efficiency.
Software provider companies curate eSignature tools that streamline Aadhaar-based digital signatures in a smart workflow. Organizations or individuals can efficiently execute legally binding documents using eSign Aadhaar.
What is an Aadhaar eSign?
Aadhaar eSign in India allows Aadhaar holders to digitally sign electronic documents, obtaining an Aadhaar-based eSignature for authentication and verification purposes.Aadhaar eSign in India enables individuals to electronically sign documents as long as they possess the following:
- Aadhaar number: Aadhaar is a 12-digit unique identification number issued by the UIDAI to Indian residents.
- An email or phone linked to the Aadhaar number: To use Aadhaar eSign, individuals must have a mobile number or email address that is registered and linked to their Aadhaar number.
The Aadhaar-based eSignature is convenient for individuals and businesses alike. The eSign facility is emerging fast, especially among the corporates who, until recently, relied on handwritten signatures to sign a multitude of documents.
In 2021, India witnessed electronic signature growth of over 80.5 million. Since 2019 the number of electronic signatures has increased constantly across the country. Electronic signatures are forecasted to proliferate with the advancement of e-Governance and e-Commerce programs.
Being a reasonably new-age feature, Aadhaar eSign has raised doubts about the viability and legality of the digital eSignature. Potential users helped to build a trusted cornerstone and gradually expanded the effectiveness and convenience of eSignature implementation. The IT Act of 2000 (Schedule 3) has legally encouraged the facility, which has inspired mass acceptance of electronic signatures within the prescribed regulatory framework.
E-Signature can be facilitated in only two virtual signatures permissible in India:
- USB Based Digital Signature
- Aadhaar-based eSignature
An individual only has to find a reliable Aadhaar eSign provider to choose either of the two signatures to virtually authenticate the document and conveniently get the other parties to do the same.
How To Create An Aadhaar based eSignature – The Complete Procedure
Aadhaar-based digital signature is an instant, convenient, and easy-to-follow process that requires a few simple steps to execute eSign Aadhaar.
Here’s how one can eSign documents remotely at any time.
- Log In to the Portal – The user logs in to the eSigning portal to check document requests, document status, and signature status in every stage on a smart platform to commence the Aadhaar-based digital signature workflow.
- Upload Documents – The commencing party uploads the documents that need to be signed. The documents can instantly be drafted using the pre-existing templates in the clause library. The digital dashboard can upload multiple documents simultaneously.
- Invite Signers via E-Mail – After uploading the documents on single or multiple workflows, Aadhaar signatures may be executed on the documents. An invitation is sent to signers via email. Here, the user will need to opt for an Aadhaar-based eSignature workflow.
- Use OTPs to eSign – The signers follow the link that directs them to the eSigning portal. OTP is sent via email or SMS for authentication to the Aadhaar-linked phone number. Signer details are retrieved from the UIDAI database. E-Signatures of all the signers are affixed on the electronic documents. A signature certificate is generated for future verification with details such as date, IP address, time stamps, and signer details.
- Signed Documents Sent to All Parties – Finally, the eSignatures are affixed to the documents and sent to all relevant parties to mark the document execution. All parties can download the digitally signed documents, which will be emailed to them. An audit trail document mentioning the details of the eSign transaction will also be sent for future reference and auditing purposes.
An individual seeking to sign a document using Aadhaar-based eSignature can follow this procedure:
- Log In to the web portal
- Upload the document
- Invite Signers via E-mail
- Enter Aadhaar linked phone number to get an OTP
- OTP sent to Signers
- Enter OTP and place eSignature on the e-Document
- Signature Certificate Generated
- Signed Documents sent to all parties
How Aadhaar eSign Expedites Business Growth
Business organizations in the BFSI sector and other industrial sectors can implement Aadhaar-based digital signature to streamline signature cycles.
Aadhaar eSign helps acquire more businesses quickly, securing compliant eSignatures from legitimate signatories. E-Sign Aadhaar comes with multiple facilities that accelerate business growth.
- Optimized Workflow – Digital signature tool digitizes the documentation workflow efficiently and productively, which is fast and secure. Businesses can maintain all contracts and client profiles in a transparent, innovative platform using Aadhaar eSign.
- Paperless Documentation – Organizations can safeguard their business reputation and rights compliant with regulatory frameworks. Individuals or firms can get sufficient legal support in breaching or non-compliance issues.
- Bulk eSigning – Business organizations can eSign multiple contracts in different workflows. Paperwork and contract execution using eSign Aadhaar boost productivity and efficiency.
- Active Tracking – The Aadhaar-based eSignature document is bound by Audit Trail, a behind-the-scenes mechanism that provides erudite proof of all activity over the document. Hence, the record of any fraud over the eDocument is available to the concerned party at any required time.
- Improved TAT & Revenue – Businesses that have adopted the facility have been able to save massive turnaround time and boost their workflow. Aadhaar eSign is a resource-efficient process that saves operational and maintenance costs for paper-based workflows and improves overall revenue generation.
Create Instant Aadhaar E-Sign With SignDesk’s eSignature Tool
Trusted by various brands and organizations along with authorized users, SignDesk’s Aadhaar eSign service is streamlined by its AI-powered eSigning software, “ink.it” which offers a simplified experience for authenticating documents.
The Aadhaar-based eSignature tool offers enterprise-grade features that streamline signature cycles. The radically simple user interface lets anyone with a basic understanding of the web complete the signature process in about a minute or two, from anywhere using just a mobile device with an internet connection.
Along with digital documentation & high-level encryption, eSign Aadhaar software enables businesses to upload documents in bulk and manage multiple workflows with quick approval, real-time tracking, and secure eSign authentication.
The smart digital dashboard promotes scalability and transparency by actively monitoring and tracking document status & generating robust virtual audit trails after eSignatures.
Book a demo with one of our solution consultants to start eSigning documents right away.