Sign a Document Online: Step-by-Step Process
Before you can esign a document online, make sure
- Any You have an Aadhaar number with a registered mobile
- An Application service provider such as SignDesk provides a document signing service.
With these two things ready, get ready to proceed to the next big step of getting an actual eSign.
Procedure to eSign a Document
Here’s the detailed procedure to affix eSign on a document –
Upload a document
- First of all, you will need a document on which you want to place your eSign. Find it and upload it here.
- Here, you will be prompted to log in or sign up, if you have not registered on our website yet. Once you log in/register, you will visit your SignDesk Dashboard where you will see Upload Document button.
- Click the button and browse through your files and upload the document of your choice on which you are going to affix your eSign soon.
- Once you have successfully uploaded a document, you will be redirected to ‘Signature Panel’ window in which you can see a preview of the document you have uploaded.
- In the same window, on the right side, enter your Aadhaar number in the field provided and click ‘Get OTP’. (Make sure your mobile is in a place where there is proper network coverage in order to receive OTP)
- Within seconds, you will receive an OTP on your mobile number registered with Aadhaar. If you haven’t received OTP, click ‘Resend OTP’ button and wait to get the OTP.
- Enter the OTP in the place provided and click ‘Submit OTP‘. Now in the preview, you can see how your eSign placed on the document would appear.
Invite other parties
- Next, you will be prompted to invite any other party to eSign the document.
- You can choose to either to invite if you want anyone else to sign the document or to skip the step if it is not required.
Choose eSign location
By default, your eSign will be placed at the bottom left of the document. And if you have invited other party, then his/her eSign will be placed at the bottom right of the document.
But if you desire to change the location of your eSign, you can choose from the options provided as to whose signature should be affixed in which place.
The location options available for you to choose are – top left, top right, bottom left, bottom right.
Now, you are just one step away from getting your document signed. The last thing you have to do is to make the payment. Click ‘Pay Now‘ and make the payment.
If you need your eSign on the document then you will have to pay for one eSign, while if you want any other party to eSign the same document, then you will be prompted for payment of 2 eSigns.
As soon as the payment is complete, your eSign will be placed on the document and will be made available for download in the dashboard.
You will also receive an email that contains an attachment of your eSigned document.
If you have invited another party to eSign it, they will receive an email invite with a link, clicking on which will take them to the Signature Panel.
The other party will have to enter his/her Aadhaar no. and OTP received in the same way as you did. That’s it!
Both parties’ eSigns would be affixed to the document and it would be made available for you to download. Isn’t that simple?
For any further doubts or questions about eSign, kindly visit eSign FAQs page.
Now you know how to electronically sign documents. Take your first step, eSign your business documents now.